SC - "Chocolate in a Period Form"

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 10:46:24 PDT 1999

>It's actually in the on-line event announcement for the
>Cloth of Gold event.
>
>This was in no way meant as a slam on the Outlands or
>the cooks of the Outlands.(...) If the event announcement
>had said something like "an A&S competition making use
>of chocolate in a creatively medieval fashion" or something
>like best chocolate sotelty or somesuch then I would understand
>the meaning.
>Gunthar

There is just barely the off chance that the person running the contest has
seen these references and wants to encourage folks to try it out and/or
search for more information.  IN other words, they could be on "our side."
_Has_ anyone contacted the gentle in charge of the event or competition to
request clarification?  There is some discussion of showing up with the
pastilles recipes, though it "won't win" because of the assumption that the
contest is for perioide stuff with chocolate added. Jumping to that
conclusion and stomping up and down on the idea is the sort of behaviour
that earns that epithet we all would shun. Clarifying the situation, and
then choosing to enthusiastically take part or ignore it as not worthy would
be a better standard.

Bonne