SC - A Dilemma on what to cook for Dinner-HELP!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Aug 18 05:10:15 PDT 1999

"ana l. valdes" wrote:

> You really got me, master. Leonardo speaks all the time of polenta, his
> time most common food for poor people and I assumed it was todays
> polenta. But you are right, maybe the polenta they used at that time was
> not made with maize, which come later to Europe.
> Ana

On the plus side, though, speaking as recreationist types, this gives us
a whole new dish to play with, doesn't it? Sometime soon, if you're
interested, I could probably post Platina's version; it might make an
interesting side-by-side viewing project, as the recipes are pretty much
contemporary (Platina is ~1475 CE?).

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy