SC - book by Carole Lambert

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Wed Aug 18 05:42:58 PDT 1999

If you or other come across the book, Carole Lamberts "Du manuscript a
la table", please, buy it and I inmediatly reinbourse you the money.
Its a very crucial referencial book for me, quoted in a lot of other
books I have.
Regards
Ana
PS:_ I dont think the publishers have it in stock, its have been out of
print for years

Philip & Susan Troy skrev:

> "ana l. valdes" wrote:
> >
> > Its not any French speakers on the list? Not any Canadians? Or all the
> > people has gone to Pennsic?
>
> A lot of them have; I saw your post and did a brief Web search for
> appropriate online bookstores, and came up with nothing. I recently
> bought a copy of the book in question at  a local bookstore which
> specializes in obscure cookery-related texts. They immediately replaced
> it with a couple of new copies on the shelf. I might be able to either
> discover where they got it, or get a copy for you. As I recall it was
> rather expensive for me (~$58 US) but was worth it for its information
> value and the fact that I was standing there with it in my hands. I
> suppose this is why they tell us never to go food shopping while
> hungry... .
>
> > I posted yesterday a letter about a new book by Carole Lambert, a
> > canadian middle age scholar, Fetes Gourmandes a Moyen Age.
> > I want find her older book, Du manuscript a la table, and its out of
> > print everywhere. I wondered in my letter if someone could help me with
> > some adress to any canadian online bookstores and if someone could tell
> > me the opinion about Lambert as a trustworthy source.
>
> I'd say Lambert is a trustworthy source overall; she is the editor of
> "Du manuscrit a la table", and actually has written comparatively little
> of the contents of the book, which is a series of articles by other food
> historians, including Hieatt, Scully, Grewe, Millham, Santich, and others.
>
> If it would help, here are the address of the publishers/distributors on
> both sides of the Atlantic:
>
> Les Presses de l'Université de Montréal
> C.P. 6128, Succ. A, Montréal (Québec)
> Canada H3CJ7