SC - Coffee drinking

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Aug 18 13:42:59 PDT 1999

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> It is possible that my personna could have drunk coffee that he developed
> a taste for in the Holy Lands. Being of high enough rank and wealth to
> afford small quantities of the valuable substance he could have had coffee
> on an infrequent basis as a personal treat. Rather like someone of today
> would have a brandy or fine cigar. If I did put this into a personna thing it
> would be an idiosyncrasy of Gunthar's. I would suspect that when he
> offered it to friends they would (politely) gag and spit it out. Remember
> that Gunthar, like me, enjoys being a little eccentric.

Nah... I never would have guessed.

An occasional eccentricity as opposed to a habit, I can live with.
(after all, I'm the tea-drinker...) What I find rather silly is the
quantity of folks who are so addicted that they will go to great lengths
to try to 'explain' it. Why not just unapologetically say "Yes, I drink
coffee in the morning, and yes I know it isn't period. Wouldn't you
rather talk about cuskynoles?"

(giggling mischieviously...)
'Lainie