SC - Food in 'Garbage Bins'

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 10:39:27 PDT 1999

In a message dated 08/20/1999 10:04:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
caitlin_ennis at hotmail.com writes:

<<
 The other thing you can do for smaller feasts is to use a cooler to hold
 drinks.  Coolers come in various sizes and are food grade...And you can make
 the drink up ahead and put in some ice and close the lid...Just a thought.

 I use coolers to hold prepped veggies prior to cooking or to store hot/cold
 food before it gets sent out during the staging of feasts...

 Caitlin of Enniskillen >>

    You bet! Our site kitchen has no warming/holding facilities, so we
usually have half the feast in coolers by the time serving starts. That lets
you cook further ahead, so the food can be dished up in a timely
manner.......... And yes, for those worried, the food does indeed stay hot
enough to be safe, as long as you are reasonable in what you expect.
(I.E.--cook meats as close to serving as possible, check temps before serving
and reheat if needed, etc.)

                Ldy Diana