SC - Tartys in Aplis, was Thank you! was Hello

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 20 18:51:45 PDT 1999

>Thanks to all who responded to my cry for help and also to those who
>welcomed me to the list.  Lady Bonne de Traquair I would indeed be
>interested in your recipe.  If you would post it, or send it to me
>directly, I would be most grateful.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Lady Thyre

Certainly, I reproduce in it's entirety a post from last October.  I note
that my Lord Ras deviated from the original recipe by leaving out saffron
(perhaps he thought it a scribal error) and adding a garnish of sugar.  I
wish I'd paid more attention and tried the original!  As it is, I strayed
even further from the original by adding that same tablesppon of sugar to
the pie filling. The pie was not at all sweet, but the resulting pie served
better, especially since, as I said, I mixed it vigorously and long enough
that the juices began to run.  It might be that the mixing alone will do the
trick and the sugar can return to being a garnish.

I'm going to try it another time with the saffron and no sugar, but I expect
some gentles would be unhappy unless I found very sweet apples.  As it was,
some were unhappy that their "dessert" was so unsweet, and they didn't eat
it. I did not intend it as a sweet but rather as a side dish for variety and
to help round out the meal for vegetarians.  The servings rejected by the
few found homes in other tummies though, no leftovers.

Next morning we wrapped extra bread dough around more filling and baked it
for breakfast.  Yummy with heavy cream dribbled into it.

Bonne