SC - scadianisms

cclark at vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Sun Aug 29 19:19:38 PDT 1999

>>Good Gentle, in order to eschew made up words, perhaps we should also
>forgo the use of Scadianism?
>>Eleanor d'Aubrecicourt
>
>Darn. Just as I started using that term deliberately, ...
>Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe

Go ahead and use it if you like. There's nothing wrong with neologisms as
long as they are either creatively expressive or useful. "Scadianism" is a
word for something created in/by the SCA or supported by the SCA subculture,
something that is Scadian. It's meaningful and useful, and there is (so far
as I know) no other word for it.

As opposed to certain other Scadian neologies that merely duplicate the
meanings of existing words or phrases, and are in some cases misleading uses
of terms that already have established meanings. Such as "smalls" for
children, "feastocrat" for chef, "eric" for list, "redaction" for
interpretation/interpreted recipe, and so on.

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon