SC - Honey Nut Crunch

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Aug 29 20:08:49 PDT 1999

The recipe is for noucato, though, and is rather a lot like rice crispies
squares made with nuts instead of rice crispies.  You boil honey until it
is thick and gooey enough to stick your nuts together (I see _nothing_
funny about this, guys!!!) (Bwa hah ha!!!)  and firm up and become
unsticky as it cools.

> Adamantius

So, something approaching nut brittle?  Or closer to candied almonds?
Christianna
politely avoiding all references to sticky nuts

Say, here's an interesting tidbit from the Natural Foods class I teach.
The class literature came with the definition for nut being the dried
fruit of a tree.  That really doesn't say it, though, because that could
be describing a dried apple or pear.  The definition I came up with said
"a dry fruit consisting of a kernel or seed enclosed in a woody shell."
(Funk & Wagnalls)