SC - Recipe databases

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue Aug 31 17:56:25 PDT 1999

Meliora, my suggestion would be to weigh as accurately as possible the
ingredients and use their masses in the database, rather than trying to
screw with volumes of dry ingredients. We need to start thinking that way
anyway.

One of the big threads recently was that you couldn't just multiply
measurements to increase servings, and that's true if you're multiplying dry
volume, but I think it would work a lot better if we were multiplying mass-
much more accurate.

That way, all we'd have to do is convert from ml to fluid oz and g to Wt oz.

Any one else care to speak? Careful, we don't want a horse by committee, ie
a camel.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio