SC - Tiles..

Timothy a Whitcomb freyja1 at juno.com
Mon Aug 2 11:00:02 PDT 1999

Good Afternoon...
>Chere Caer Frig,
> I, Pamela Hewitt, the Harper have yet to come to Pennsic, but I am
>interested in pottery, glazes, tiles and Italian majolica. I have a
>contact to make yet in Austin for Majolica, Mistress Clarissa, but do
>you have a website? A bibliography to share?

[No website yet, but hope to have one sometime between Pennsic and
Yule...
As to a bibliography, send me your snail addy and I will send what i
have,,,I don't have time to type the whole thing out for email..I am a
VERY slow typist..8-) ]
}

I am looking for
>information on the "Canterberry Tiles? I think that is what they are
>called. I have "Srafitoed" (sp.?) King Mark listening to Tristran play
>the harp and Tristran and Isolte "wrestling" for a harp which is
>usually
>called "The Music Lesson". I understand these tiles were stamped or
>stenciled, but I didn't know that when I did mine. I have some basic
>books, but need information on modern glazes to replace the lead green
>and yellow.
I live in Temple, Texas and it is an hour and a half to
>get
>to anywhere. Could you e-mail me places to start as in a bibliography.

[Well, for electronic connection, check out the A&S pages for
Atlantia...I am not sure if there are tiles there, but there is quite a
bit on Medieval Pottery. There is also a guy in Calontir who does tiles;
I will check with Mistress Olga, and see if she remembers this guys
name...Are you on the SCA Arts lists? You might inquire there...]
>Merci,
>Pamela

Hroar