Northern Foods was Re: SV: SC - Introducing Myself

Jenn/Yana jdmiller2 at students.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 4 08:19:57 PDT 1999

Sorry, zakuski is an 18th or 19th century phenomenom.  Serving zakuski
became very popular in the 19th century.  The legend you mentioned is found
in "Please to the Table" by Anya von Bremzen .  It's a nice Russian (and
other local regions) cookbook, but not good for historical references.

I haven't found any period references to zakuski in my research...yet.  :)

Ilyana Barsova (Yana)  jdmiller2 at students.wisc.edu
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
Slavic Interest Group http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html