SC - brain failure & menu help

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Aug 5 06:20:16 PDT 1999

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Kat asked:
<snip>
> > Thoughts so far:  Fungys, done with whole mushrooms, in the chaffing dish?
> >  Ordering 300 tart shells from the cash-n-carry and making petite ember
> > tartes?  Coneys in Cirop, done with chicken wings, in the chaffing dish?
>
> I think you might want to consider the boiled garlic recipe that was
> talked about here recently. Whether you boil it and then crush it to make
> a spread for bread or whether you boil it and leave the cloves whole to
> be picked out of the juice would be your choice. I still like the latter
> even if Adamantius has raised some doubts in my mind as to whether it
> was actually done this way.

What, me worry?

It does seem as if most of the ideas I've seen would be fairly practical
ones. As for tarts, if you could find the right filling, you might
consider simply making gigantic ones in sheet pans and cutting them into
little squares or diamonds with a sharp, serrated bread knife (yes,
there really are such things). The right filling would probably involve
a low egg content, since large custards tend to bake oddly, with raw
spots and curdled portions, if you're not careful. You might get away
with any of several versions of Le Menagier mushroom tarts, which, at
room temperature, are generally fairly solid.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com