SC - Hroar Delurks!

Timothy a Whitcomb freyja1 at juno.com
Fri Aug 6 12:10:45 PDT 1999

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:12:52 -0400 "Alderton, Philippa"
<phlip at morganco.net> writes:
>Hroar asks:
>
>>  If any one can point me to appropriate books, i would be very
>grateful!
>
>My suggestion would be the original source that I'm working on our
>project
>from, Hieatt and Butler's "Curye on Inglysche", which is a collection
>of
>14th century manuscripts, including "Diuersa Cibaria," Diuersa
>servisa".
>"Utilis Coquinario", The Forme of Cury", and Goud Kokery".

I can't tell you how wonderfully helpful this is!!! I have it saved to
disk, so I can refer back...(the printer is dead..8-( )..

>Hroar, Curye is usually sold at Pennsic, that's where I got my copy.
>I'll be
>taking it with me, so you can look at it when you join us for dinner,
>and,
>if you like, I'll do the legwork to find you a copy- I know it's a
>little
>tough for you to get around shopping.

[That is very kind of you! Within my bazaar is Poinson Pen press and
Small Churl, so I'll check them out first...then go from there.
Thank you, Phlip! 8-) ]
Heigh-ho, heigh-ho! it's off to pennsic and research i go! *-)]
>Phlip

Hroar