Fw: SC - Ana's Blancmange

Ana L. Valdés agora at algonet.se
Sat Aug 7 02:14:26 PDT 1999

Stir all the time, some cheaters put down in the bowl lots of small glass balls
(as the children play with) to help the stiring.
But the pan must be on the stove all the time, in the last minutes you notice is
almost impossible to stir, since the mixture is really thick.
But  don´t worry if the blancmange becomes sticky and burned and you can´t take
it from the pan. We child loved to lick the burned and sticky rests from the
pan...

ana

Karen O wrote:

> >The mixture are still cooking, when the bicarbonate is added, the milk
> raise very much, lower the flame again and stir vigorously.The bicarbonate
> is added only to give more flavour and the brown colour. But in some recipes
> you dont need to use it.<
> >Ana
>
>     >>Karen O wrote:
> Stir almost all the time. When the mixture is thick, add a tea spoon of
> bicarbonate
>     WAIT!  are we still cooking the mixture??  Or is it off the stove?<<
>
>     Okay, I'm stirring down the bubbling milk, lowering the flame
>
> >>After two or three hours,<<   Am I  *still*  stirring the milk on a low
> flame?
> This sounds so delious I want to get it right  the  *first*  time!
>
>          Caointiarn

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora
Anas homepage/hemsida

http://www.algonet.se/~agora/ada
Anas och Evas ezine, in English and Swedish

http://www.dn.se
Under IT and Liv&Stil can you find Anas articles and links,
only in Swedish