SC - On a Tangential, OT Note - Was: Potato salad+pasta sala

JEANNE STAPLETON jstaplet at du.edu
Sat Aug 7 20:37:11 PDT 1999

> In a message dated 8/6/99 10:27:22 10:33:25 EST, jstaplet at du.edu writes:
>
> << > margali wrote:
>  > >
>  > > OKRA IS DOWNRIGHT POSSESSED!
>  > > margali
>  >
>  > Lima beans, especially frozen ones, are portents foretelling the coming
>  > of the Antichrist. Or maybe they're just the AC itself. I forget which.
>  >
>  I'm with you!  I rate lima beans as a non-food item.  My household
>  divides itself into branches over lima beans.
>   >>
>  And once kale has sat on the plate looking pretty, it has fulfilled it's
> purpose for existing.  Nothing further need be done with it.
>
> Margherita
> who's happy to hear she's not the only picky one

Having a few dislikes, if you've tried the foods, is not being "picky"
(sorry I really loathe that term, you'll have to ask me off list what
my group of friends call people who "pick" all the time or call themselves
"picky" if you really want to know).  I have a bonafide loathing of lima
beans.

I'm allergic to kale (another of the brussels sprouts/broccoli/cabbage/
poison group) so it can sit and look pretty all it wants--across the
table.

I like most other foods in the known universe.  One thing I've enjoyed
about travels to places like Hawaii and Australia is that it's given me
the opportunity to sample foods I would never have gotten to eat
otherwise.  I discovered I have a mania for passion fruit ice cream.

Berengaria