SC - Real feasts?

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Sun Aug 8 14:36:14 PDT 1999

At 16:58 26-7-99 -0600, Caointiarn wrote:
>    The one chance I had of attending a  *Bard of the Mists* event,  it was
>a "real Feast" as queried.   The hall was set up for feasting all event
>long.  There was a course after opening court,  some entertainment, a second
>course, entertainment, a third course, entertainment . . .you get the
>picture.  All in all,  the Bardic competition surrounded the Feast.  And
>there was dancing between a couple courses, and other diversions.   It just
>seemed as if we had food thrust at us all day.  IIRC the event lasted from
>midday into the better part of the evening.

One of the best events I ever attended was the Feast for a Winter's Eve, in
the Shire of Frosted Hills (mka Poughkeepsie NY).  The people started
gathering a few hours before the feast began; my chief memory of this
period is od a rather rowdy game of blind-man's buff.  The first and third
courses were followed by entertainments, including musicians, a juggler,
and as I recall a game of musical chairs; the second and fourth courses
were followed by dancing.  (The fifth course was followed by the
traditional clean-up and departure.)

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie  [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and
in chief two mullets sable