SC - feast disasters

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 23:45:09 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/9/99 9:08:34 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
morgan at lewistown.net writes:

<<
 If a person isn't well-versed in wild food identification,  edible and
 poisonous camas look alike.  They both resemble wild onion (maybe the same
 family?).  I don't know if they grow
 where this particular cook would be from, though.

We were in the Mountains in the Barony of Ered Sul, Kingdom of Atenveldt,
(Flagstaff, AZ mundanely).  Tall pine forest, swampy little lake.  Altitude
about 7000 feet.  Average yearly rainfall around 12 inches.  Brief dusting of
snow the morning of June 3.  Just a bit damper and cooler than the rest of
this Desert.  Low here in SunDragon was 82 degrees F.  Low temperature in
Ered Sul was 40 degrees F.  It may have been an introduced plant, as well,
since the site is an old homesite.  I know I saw some dogwood, and Japanese
quinces which are NOT native to the area.

Mordonna