Fwd: SC - French Silk Pie recipe

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 10:26:56 PDT 1999

- --part1_1af444e5.24e45de0_boundary

From: Mordonna22 at aol.com
Full-name: Mordonna22
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:50:38 EDT
Subject: Re: SC - French Silk Pie recipe
To: nevray at netspace.net.au

In a message dated 8/12/1999 2:20:15 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
nevray at netspace.net.au writes:

<<
 > > French Silk Pie
 > >
 > > Mordonna
 >
 > May I inquire exactly what this is meant to be?
 >
 > Sharon
 > the ever curious (and hungry :) )
 >  >>

FRENCH SILK PIE

1 8" or 9" pie shell
1 cup light cream
1 4-ounce package German sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 Tblsp sugar
dash salt
3 egg yolks, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Bake empty pie crust at 450 degrees F about 15 minutes or until light golden
brown.  Use fillers to keep it uniform.  I use a bag of marbles.
In a heavy small saucepan, combine light cream, chopped chocolate, sugar, and
salt.  Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth, and slightly
thickened.  Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into beaten egg
yolks.  Return all to saucepan.  Cook and stir over medium-low heat 2 to 3
minutes more.  Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.  Pour into baked pie shell.
 Top with whipped cream:
Beat heavy cream, gradually adding in sugar and vanilla, until it holds soft
peaks.

- --part1_1af444e5.24e45de0_boundary--