SC - family values?

Leslie Lansdowne lalliepop at netzero.net
Thu Aug 12 21:39:26 PDT 1999

While I agree that personal responsibility is the answer---I firmly believe
that assault weapons have no purpose in our society.  No matter what the
reason is for someone going off and shooting tons of people, they certainly
wouldn't be as successful if they didn't have a gun that was capable of
killings tons of people in one clip.  Our world is in peril, and there are
many changes that need to be made--BUT--after seeing all the recent
shootings and such, I think that stiffer gun control laws are necessary!
Can't we at least make it harder for people to get weapons like these?  I
know nothing of guns, and I plan to keep it that way. If you need a gun for
hunting or for protection, you don't need to arm yourself with something
that is designed for war.
Personally, I'd be happy as anything if they'd just ban guns forever---but
then I'd have to listen to Charlton Heston go on and on and on and on about
his precious right to own guns........Oh geez, lead me to the rock!!!

Leslie:-)