SC - OT: Persona literacy

Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com
Fri Aug 13 11:38:19 PDT 1999

Caointiarn sez <<I hadn't thought about when/how I learned
to read & write til 2 years ago. (and I started playing in '91)>>
Then again there's me, any research I do is done by ME Mary.  Emme is
mostly illiterate although she's memorized a lot of verses and stories
heard by the fire... recipes are procedures learned by helping other cooks.
I justify this because I can just barely decipher the frontispiece of Curye
on Inglische and although I can scribble with a ballpoint pen, I am
hopeless with a calligraphy pen.  (Even worse when I tried a genuine
quill!) On top of all that I don't know Latin so I couldn't understood a
Latin mass.  Ergo by medieval European standards Emme is illiterate.

But MARY brings books everywhere!

Em