SC - Food Help!!!!

Leslie Lansdowne lalliepop at netzero.net
Sun Aug 15 12:38:44 PDT 1999

Help!

I have all the ingredients ready to made Timpano di Maccheroni--except one.
There is not a restaurant or deli in the greater Cleveland area that sells
pancetta!  I need this for another recipe, too and I can't find it anywhere!
I understand that this is an Italian bacon that is cured rather than
smoked---but me being a rather novice when it comes to food, I really don't
know what an acceptable substitition would be.  How about prosciutto?  or
regular bacon???  or a cured ham?  does it matter and will it majorly affect
the taste of the food???

HELP!!!

Leslie:-)