SC - Questions about Archives and Carrots

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Aug 16 14:34:21 PDT 1999

Cindy Renfrow wrote:

> Gervase Markham mentions carrots of "sundry colours"

True, but in the context of "sallats for show only"; I assumed they were
dyed somehow. Perhaps not, but I somehow managed to convince myself that
"for show only" meant "inedible", and the other ingredients mentioned
don't seem to fall into that category, while some tincture dyed foods
might be considered inedible.

Not so much a major point as one that shouldn't be ignored... ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com