SC - medievaloid pork pie "recipe"

lilinah at grin.net lilinah at grin.net
Mon Aug 16 22:17:33 PDT 1999

margaret (Gretchen M Beck) wrote:
>Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 9-Aug-99 Re: SC - medievaloid
>pork p.. by Wajdi at zebra.net
>> So, do tell, what size hands do you have?
>
>I can reach 1 octave + 1 white key further.

That still doesn't really tell me how much your hand can hold, though. Just
how far your fingers can stretch.

I, too can reach 1 octave + 1 white key, but i have hands the size of a
third grader, around here (SF Bay area) and wear children's gloves. My
fingers are quite short and the palms of my hands are small too.

This may sound really silly, but just as an experiment, you could take a
handful of the raisins or the cheese you used and drop it into a measuring
cup to find out how much your handful is.

I performed this experiment on myself.

I have a little aluminum 1 cup measure that has "dents" in the side marking
3/4, 1/2, and 1/4 c., so i can use it as a general all-purpose dry measure
when necessary. I don't have raisins or grated cheese around, but my hand
holds about 1/4 cup of dry rice or chopped mixed dried fruit.

Anahita Gawri bint-Karim al-hakim al-Fassi