SC - Making headway

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:10:52 PDT 1999

>woo hoo! you go girl! :)
>
>--AM, who's barony's next feast will feature a stew complete with potatoes.
>*sigh*. See, they want "good food that people will eat". Breaks my heart.

Another hopeful report!  Kappellenberg is having their newcomer night next
week.  The seneschal requested of the members:

>3. Bring period/period-like food.  You don't need to be absolutely IN
>period, but I would like to discourage the Doritos and dip variety.

I like to think this is in response to my constant discussion of stuff from
this list and habit of bringing attempts at redactions or medieval-like food
when I attend pot-lucks.  I asked her to forward to the rest of her canton
list some ideas based on the handout you sent me when I was so new.  I even
pointed out that students trapped on campus with no car could possibly buy
some of the items such as fresh fruit salad, several slices of pie, or a
to-go container full of sliced meat at the dining hall and charge it to
their ONE card account rather than having to come up with transportation and
cash.  For these students, bringing medieval-like might even be easier than
Doritos and dip!

Since I'm the only SCA member in the barony currently employed at UNC-Chapel
Hill, I agreed to be the 'faculty sponsor' when Sir Fern and Robyyan moved
away last year.  I'll be taking gallon jugs of sekanjabin and cherry drink
next week and trying to appear wise and faculty-like.  (I'm an accounting
clerk.)

Bonne