SC - Cuskynoles

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Aug 20 13:33:17 PDT 1999

Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com wrote:

> My 20th century tongue would prefer eating a break-away fruit tart but if
> they're really boiling it twice, my 20th century brain reads "ravioli".
> Do we know whether the repetition of the two "so(th)(th)en" verbs line up
> on the original ms?  That's a typical place for scribal repetition-typos.
>
> Emme

See Hieatt's glossary entry under "sy(th)", that's S...Y...Eth.
Sometimes a sothen is just a so then ;  ).

The parcels are apparently boiled, then grilled, probably crisp on one
side and soft on the other. The big question appears to be whether the
illustration is of one unit or several.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy