SC - Coffee drinking

lilinah at grin.net lilinah at grin.net
Fri Aug 20 19:18:45 PDT 1999

'Lainie
>I actually drink my moring tea out of a lovely little ceramic mug that a
>friend gave me... decorated with a crab. If I have the crabby mug in
>hand, I have not yet finished my tea, and only the heavily armed (or
>very cuddly) dare come near...

It was heartening to learn, from a book of Islamic Art, that a cylindrical
ceramic mug with a fairly standard-looking arched handle (blue on white
with a little red accent) is "period" (for my Middle Eastern persona). I
have a few blue and white ceramic mugs at home. Just gotta do something
about that plastic Melita filter... (yeah, yeah, i actually do have a white
ceramic one lurking in a dark cupboard)

So, a question: I am "dependent on the kindness of strangers" to get to
events as i don't have a motor vehicle. So i try to keep my "stuff"
somewhat reduced (no wooden furniture, tiny backpacking tent, etc.). Anyone
have a good method for packing breakables (such as kitchen ceramics and
glassware) so they won't break, without having some dedicated "furniture"
or "wooden box" type thing-y? Do i need to invest in a roll of bubblewrap?
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Anahita,
heaving a great sigh of relief,
as she swills down another mug of coffee