SC - Books

Håkan Hedrén h940114 at stud.kol.su.se
Sat Aug 21 09:46:41 PDT 1999

I plan to order a few books and would like some opinions on them please.

Cooking/Food:
A. Hagen:        A 2nd handbook of Anglosaxon Food And Drink.
Platina:            On Right Pleasure And Good Health
B. Freeman:    Traditional Welsh Food
Apicius:           Cookery & Dining In Imperial Rome
(C. Renfrow    Take A 1000 Eggs Or More)        ( ) = If I can find them in a UK
(C. Renfrow    A Sip Through Time)                     on-line bookstore, or else
they'll
(Hieatt&Butler Curye On Inglysch)                        have to wait.

Archery:
R. Hardy:       The Longbow
R. Ascham:    Toxophilus
J. Bradbury:    The Medieval Archer
F. Asbell:        The Flatbow
M. Thompson: The Witchery of Archery

Brewing:
R. Gayre et al:    Brewing Mead

Misc:
C. Allmand:        The Hundred Years War
P. B. Ellis:           The Ancient World of The Celts
E. Roesdahl et al:The Vikings
H. Norris:           Medieval Costume & Fashion
F.L. Boucher et al: 20 000 Years of Fashion

Angus MacIomhair, soon in need of a new bookshelf