SC - gilding the goose?

H B nn3_shay at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 13:42:43 PDT 1999

- --- LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> Better yet use a feather to apply the egg yolk.

So where does one find food-safe feathers?

There is an ostrich farm somewhere here in NW PA, and they set up a
booth at fairs and things to sell ostrich burgers.  They also sell
feathers, which the woman's daughter collects up and tosses in the
washer inside a pillow case, then in the dryer with a (clean,
for-the-purpose) sneaker.  Is laundry detergent bad, or is it okay
(rinses well enough)?  Could I use these if I re-wash the same way
(washer/dryer) with, say, laundry soap as opposed to detergent (i.e.,
Ivory Snow), or dumping dish soap in the washer?  How much dish soap to
a washer load?  Would this rinse out enough soap, or would I need to
re-rinse?

(I'm asking for opinions/guesses to re-check my thinking here -- I
don't suppose many people wash feathers in their washer or put dish
soap in them.)

- -- Harriet