SC - Pennsic Potluck

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Fri Aug 27 02:04:55 PDT 1999

Stefan wrote:

>While I have several haggis recipes in my haggis-msg file, they can best
>be described as traditional and I believe are undated.
>
>Does anyone have evidence to confirm or deny her comments?

No, but here is a recipe from the Danish cookbook:

How to stuff a sheep´s stomach

Take lean veal and pork fat and chop it small together. Add some small
raisins and four beaten eggs. Salt to taste and season with some herbs and
take care, when you add the eggs, that the mixture is neither too thick nor
too thin. Stuff the sheep´s stomach with this, so that each stomach is only
half filled, and close it. Place it in boiling water and cook it as other
sausages, until it is well cooked and hard. Take it out of the water and cut
it in nice slices. Make a nice brown sauce of gingerbread and wine and add
some herbs, so it has a lively taste. Add the slices to the sauce, salt it,
taste for seasonings, then serve it forth.

Nanna