SC - Removes or courses? An issue of interest...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Aug 28 07:08:20 PDT 1999

Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> Honey Nut Crunch

I hate it when they get cutesy! ;  )

 (besides sounding like a breakfast cereal) sounds like
> it could be a type of granola - oats, honey, nuts, baked to a crunchy
> texture, or even just honeyed nuts, baked similarly.  Hmm, I would like
> to know more about this dish.

It seems to be taken from Zambrini's 19th-century "Libro della cucina
del secolo XIV": in other words, probably either a secondary source
(gasp!) or OOP. Probably the former, with an either unknown or lost
primary source. The recipe is for noucato, though, and is rather a lot
like rice crispies squares made with nuts instead of rice crispies. You
boil honey until it is thick and gooey enough to stick your nuts
together (I see _nothing_ funny about this, guys!!!) (Bwa hah ha!!!) and
firm up and become unsticky as it cools.

You guys are a bad influence on me!

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy