SC - icelandic chicken redaction.

Timothy a Whitcomb freyja1 at juno.com
Sat Aug 28 18:41:56 PDT 1999

On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 20:14:52 EDT LrdRas at aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 8/28/99 7:01:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>freyja1 at juno.com
>writes:
>
><< [Wrong Ras; very wrong....most folks day to day food, if it is
> pre-prepared at all is oversalted, over-sugared, soaked in fats and
>they
> probably don't even know it.  >>
>
>Personally, I find it very hard to imagine that most folks foods are
>pre-prepared.

[Look through the grocery store Ras...it is that way for a
reason...people buy it. And very good for you that you don't! ]

 My are not and those that are minimal and available in
>my
>larder for emergency only. Others...well, their loss..their problem.

[Ras, this side steps what you initially said. You said that folks
needn't worry about the fat, salt and carbohyrate content of their food,
unless they ate a feast a week. You needed to mention that those whole
ate a whole food diet didn't need to worry.
However, it doesn't take much to see that many in the SCA do not eat
healthy diets (and I will include myself in that,,,I have no delusions on
that.)

>With the
>wealth of whole foods available at significant less cost than the
>prepared
>garbage, there is really no excuse. I shall continue to cook with real
>food

[And well you should...]

>and pray for those who feel a need to over extend their budget with
>garbage
>food.

[good then, you do admit then that there are folks who DO need to watch
their diets? This was the point after all. ]

>Ras
Hroar