SC - Stuffed food in Period (was bell pepper thread)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Aug 29 22:14:58 PDT 1999

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain said:

> I can't help with Slavic, other than to say that the new medieval Polish
> cookbook has no recipes for stuffed cabbage.  There is a late period
> Spanish recipe, but it involves cutting a hole in a head of cabbage and
> stuffing *that*, rather than wrapping cabbage leaves around a filling.  Oh,
> and there's a recipe for stuffed gourds.  But most of the recipes I've seen
> for stuffed things seem to be for critters.  Fish.  Chicken.  Cow udders.

This cabbage recipe that you mention is much closer to what i think of as
a stuffed vegetable rather than just wrapping the leaves around something.
Could you possibly post the recipe for this stuffed cabbage recipe and
the stuffed gourd recipe? Or at least give the cookbooks where these
might be found?

Thanks.
  Stefan
- --