SC - Aethel Broce, scotch and spirits

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 14:28:15 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/31/99 3:29:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Nelson.Beth at EPCRA.org writes:

<< but I have promised the rest of the bottle is going to Siege of
 Glengary.  If anyone is going to make that event, look me up and you can
 share.

Why did you promise such a thing? Dewars is not a good scotch, IMO. It is
over priced and watered down to the point that the Pepsi crowd finds its
washed out flavor pleasant because they don't have to think about it. It is
not even 100 per cent  blended scotches. A good portion of the blend is
citrus alcohol. Think TGI Fridays, Chi Chi's, Baileys and other high priced
artificial garbage when thinking Dewars in the future. :-) If you are ever at
an event I will share some good scotch with you so you will be able to
experience the difference. Of course, OTOH, if you and your friends are Pepsi
fans you may well enjoy Dewars. Each to their own. :-)

Ras
(PLCB employee who uses every opportunity to direct his customers away from
over priced pig swill and toward the  finer liqueurs and spirits, many of
which are lower in price and definitely higher quality)