SC - SPICES

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Aug 31 23:53:49 PDT 1999

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon said:
> Francesco Sirene (David Dendy / ddendy at silk.net) wrote:
> >(we sell them, for example. And our powder forte and powder douce are made
> >to actual 14th century Italian recipes. [PS We do have powder douce now, and
> >I'll be getting it onto the web-catalogue in a day or two].)
>
> Whose recipes? Where does one look them up? What are the ingredients?
>
> Or are those trade secrets? :-)

Well apparently not, since he has posted his recipes for these two spice
mixtures and others on this list previously. Check this file in the PLANTS,
HERBS AND SPICES section of my Florilegium:
spices-msg       (132K)  8/ 3/99    Info. on spices, sources for spices.

There are referances and quotes from period sources for these mixtures as
well as the mixtures that various folks prefer to use for these.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****