SC - candied spices and other stuff

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Mon Aug 2 14:16:07 PDT 1999

I know I have asked this before, but I can't seem to locate the information
in my files.  THere was a discussion on this list a while back concerning
candied spices.  I have a recipe I want to use for candied spices from a
middle eastern cookbook but I don't know how period it may be.  Any hep
would be appreciated.

I am also looking for information as to the periodness of pudding using
grains such as rice and wheat or using noodles.  I am particularly
intersted in a middle eastern connection.  Could someone look up noodle
kugel or rice pudding in "A Drizzle of Honey"?

THanks in advance.

Sindara