SC - Potato salad - the mild New England version - OOP

Weaver8002 at aol.com Weaver8002 at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 18:42:51 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/2/99 5:36:13 PM EST, helen at directlink.net writes:

<< Hi,
     with everyone getting ready to go to pennsic but me, I thought I would
keep
 my word about recipes from Louisiana.  Sorry you will not like this Ras, I
can
 only think that you must have been made ill after a poorly kept potato salad
was
 fed to you.  Sorry no amounts.  I learned at her knee.  This has egg in it
but
 doesn't taste like egg salad at all.  Add more eggs and leave out the
potatoes
 and it will make a fine egg salad.

 Gorgeous Aunt Marie's almost world famous potato salad

Helen sent us her Aunt Marie's Potato Salad - I thought I would send out my
mother's Potato Salad - or at least what was left of it after i got done

Margherita

5 lb. potatoes
6 eggs
vandalia onion
parsley
salt & pepper
mayo

If using multi purpose potatoes, peel them.  If using new potatoes, leave the
skin on.
Cook potatoes until done.

hard boil the eggs

Coarse dice the potatoes, fine dice the eggs, and onions, chop the parsley.
Combine all with enough mayo to moisten and season to taste.  Garnish with
green or red pepper slices and sprinkle with paprika.

Note:  add the mayo just before serving and refrigeration is not need if
served the same day.