SC - feast disasters

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Aug 2 23:00:41 PDT 1999

Lady Uta commented:
> Well, I think most of the things that could possibly go wrong has done it by now
>(unfortunately all at the same event), but I've learned that it will always
work out,
>and nobody knows that the dessert burnt if you have time to buy new ingredients...
> And wasn't rabbits supposed to be rather small and cute - not 70 cm and solidfrozen
>- try forcing one of those into an oven...

This example sounds similar to some of those in this file in the FEAST section
of my Florilegium. Although the details are different.

fst-disasters-msg (36K)  4/20/99    Tales of SCA feasts that were disasters.

If you would like to relate the details of this feast and what you did to
recover from these problems, I'd love to have it for this file. Either by
private email or this list. I like to think this file might let some cooks
get some ideas on how to handle various problems that may arise, realize
that their problems weren't so bad afterall, or even simply be good reading.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****