SC - My Pasta Salad

H B nn3_shay at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 18:17:34 PDT 1999

- --- Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:
> First of all, who ever measured and used a recipe?

I had to quantify my pasta salad recipe when my sisters wanted the
recipe.  [They are as challeged by cooking as I am, having grown up
with the same cooking. :-)]  This was pretty tough -- I'd never done
it, not being used to having anyone interested in my cooking, but
apparently this is my first big hit.  I've already taken it to three
picnics this summer, and when I mentioned I might just make half a
batch for the last one, my mother just looked at me, as if "why on
earth would you do that?  you know we'll eat the left-overs."  So even
my non-seasoning mother likes this one:

Krab-Pasta Salad:
1 12-oz package pasta (I like tri-color rotini or radiattore) cooked
al-dente
1 lb. Lewis Kemp Krab Delights cut 3/4" or so (other brands tend to be
sweeter - matter of taste)
1 cup (?) Hellman's Light Mayo (5 heaping serving spoonfuls)
3/4 cup (?) Miracle Whip Light (3 heaping serving spoonfuls)
2-3 Tblsp finely chopped green onion
1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
2 Tblsp dried chives
2 tsp dried dill weed
1 cup frozen baby peas (baby ones are sweeter; don't cook them)
1 cup chopped celery
6 chopped hard-boiled eggs

Mix together in BIG bowl (4 qt).  Refrigerate a few hours to get
flavors to meld (boy, wasn't THAT an interesting concept to learn at
25!).

Okay, now a question -- I'm planning to try basically the same thing
with leftover chicken instead of the krab stuff -- figure everything
else stays the same but the herbs.  What do I use instead?  Tarragon?
What else?

- -- Harriet