SC - On a Tangential, OT Note - Was: Potato salad+pasta salad-the mildOr...

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Aug 4 17:48:27 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/4/99 6:37:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< The modern dish known by the name, though, is fresh limas and
 green/sweet corn, usually without any meat.

 Adamantius >>

By who's definition? My grandmother (a pure blooded Susquehannic) always used
shelled beans for this dish which is definitely Native American in origin. My
sources say that the use of lima beans is a fairly recent innovation.

Ras(who has a problem with 'professionals defining things in terms that are
really inaccurate. :-()