[SCA-U] Fw: SC - Fw: Re: [SCA-U] Copying Old Documents

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu Aug 5 09:53:08 PDT 1999

Milady,

I am admittedly fascinated by your family treasure, and I tried to find out
for you how to preserve and reproduce it, causing Marc to prick up his ears
and intervene. Marc, if a bit abrasive at times, is a good person, with a
genuine interest in the manuscript.

What I think you might not understand, is that those of us who are truly
into serious scholarship have been so sadly disappointed often enough, that
when we find, or find out about, an intellectual treasure of this nature, we
want to believe it's real so much, that we do everything we can to prove it
isn't- sort of a sour grapes thing. I am reminded of what happens when I
feed my cats a hot tidbit of something they love- they pat and swat at it
until it cools enough that they can eat it.

If you must continue to be angry at Marc, may I ask that you not treat the
rest of us on the Cook's list to your ire? We really don't deserve it.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio