SC - old cookbooks

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 13:45:43 PDT 1999

  Bonne mentioned that she liked the Episcopalian "dunks" she
found in her old cookbook.  I have a favorite cookbook that I
use a lot for my family.  It is not from a church group, but
from a County Ladies club, where they enjoyed having recipe
demonstrations every month for their meetings.  This was in West
Texas, even more west and south than San Antonio.

I got it from my mother's Aunt Marie in Coke County, Texas, and
it has a very wide variety of "American" food, "Texan" food, and

"Mexican" food, all as seen through these ladies that were young
mothers during WWII.  I love it!

Tyrca