SC - Dulce de leche

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 08:12:38 PDT 1999

The mixture are still cooking, when the bicarbonate is added,
the milk raise
very much, lower the flame again and stir vigorously.
The bicarbonate is added only to give more flavour and the brown
colour.
But in some recipes you dont need to use it.
Ana
<<<<<<<<

Interesting to see an actual recipe.  When I was in Brasil, this
of course was a favorite of almost everyone, but since the
invention of canned sweetened condensed milk, it is almost never
done that way.  Now they drop the unlabelled can into the
pressure cooker of beans and then open the doce de leche
(porteguese spelling) after it has cooled completely.  My
favorite way of eating them is squeezed into freshly fried
Churros!  Heavenly!  If only I could find them here (sigh).

Tyrca

===
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
- -"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra