SC - Icelandic "geese"

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sun Aug 8 09:30:49 PDT 1999

hey all from Anne-Marie

we are asked:
    While I'm on the topic, does anyone have any particular suggestions for
>finger foods for this kind of set up? I'm trying to stick mostly to late
>period Western foods due to the personas of our current Monarchs. So far I
>have one of the "Deviled" egg recipes (The one with sorrel), a chicken
pasty,
>or the Icelandic Chicken, perhaps a pork pasty as well, fruits, raw veggies,
>bread, olives and/or Compost, marzipan (either shaped and colored as fruit,
>or printed and flattened), gingerbread (Definitely printed, since I've
stamps
>that'll work), Digby's Excellent Small Cakes, lemonade from one of the
syrups
>in the Miscellany, and ice water.

when we did a similar thing at 12th night a few years ago, we had:
spiced roast beef, sliced thinly
manchets (small fist sized rolls)
sliced cheeses
bowls of dijon mustard
bowls of horseradish sauce
[if people chose to put them together into one newfangled sandwich unit,
that was their business!]
pickled carrots
pickled asparagus (we can get it CHEAP here)
hardboiled eggs
olives
marchpanes (sugar cookies with little marzipan decorations on them)
shrewsbury cakes
gingerbrede
mandarin oranges (it was 12th night...they were a good serving size and cheap)
small apples
etc

all we did was rotate out the meat platters, and stand watch to keep folks
from handling the food without proper clean utensiles.

worked great!
good luck,
- --AM