SC - Heresey about the Rock!!!!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Aug 10 09:47:55 PDT 1999

Um, in the interests of seeing both sides of a dispute, so both sides
can get mad at me ;  ) , I should say:

Karen wrote:

> Just because Ras left for the war does not give you free rein to
> wreak you havoc on the sacred rock!  If you want bottles of
> scotch, go out in the yard and sell indulgences or something,
> you know, give people permission to "make up" recipes from
> unsubstaniated sources!

Hey, I like it! How about an indulgence to claim a dish modernly
composed of period ingredients that "they could have made" is period?
You know, lobster thermidor or some such... . It occurs to me, though,
that it's _possible_ Puck's geographical proximity to Margali's rock,
one state away, may give him something of a legal edge in questons of
custody. That is, if there's nobody closer. Elysant, are you out there
are are you at th' Wa-uh? Possession being 9/10 etc.

> I was already inside here in the kitchen, making some apple peel
> and core drink syrup when you barged in and demanded bottles of
> scotch!

In truth, Lady, I believe that was for special accomodations, for which
it is traditional to award a gratuity to the porter at an inn. A quiet
table in the corner, not too near the band, etc.

> I want you to know that I am not only a member of the Cooks
> list, but also a member of the Ironrose list, and I Hit Like a
> Girl!

All right, Puck, she's gonna kick your ***. I advise you to give it up!

> Sorry, I got excited.  I wasn't really going to hit you, Puck,
> but as I don't drink alcohol at all, I didn't think it fair that
> you thought to charge admittance to our rock!

I can see that. On the other hand, a real, live, practicing communist
(as opposed to a citizen, say, of the PRoC, or Russia, or Cuba) still
has to pay to get into the movies when he visits the U.S., doesn't he?
S/he can't very well say, "Well, we don't use money where I come from."

I admit, though, that I've never had to pay to get under the rock, on
those few occasions there's been room for me... .

You might consider hitting Puck with some kind of discrimination suit.
Thoroughly unwarranted, but that doesn't mean you couldn't pull it off!

Actually, I thought the Scotch was for _me_. Puck prefers Bourbon.

The ever helpful ;  )

Adamantius, charter member Fighting Cooks of Ostgardr, who just hits
like a fairly large cook
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com