SC - Severely off topic .... Personna help

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Aug 11 04:49:17 PDT 1999

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/10/99 8:47:23 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> troy at asan.com writes:
>
> << (and we all
>  know that non-French pear varieties aren't worth mentioning ;   >>
>
> Being French, myself I would tend to agree with you, except I have tasted
> Fuji pears from Japan.

Uh huh. I think a lot of the difference is about hybridization and less
defensible genetic messing-around-with on the part of both American
farmers and the people who ship our food. It is not in the best
financial interest to produce an exemplary pear in the USA. If those
conditions applied elsewhere (and more often than not, they do) the
produce of that locale would be no better than ours (and more often than
not, it isn't).

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy