SC - where in the world is the rock?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Aug 11 09:31:29 PDT 1999

"Kappler, MMC Richard A." wrote:

> Well, it WAS on Margali's 'farm' in CT, but I have kidnapped it, stowed it
> in my sailboat, and its somewhere on Narragansett Bay.  I'm thinking about
> taking it down south to New Yawk for lunch with A.  Anybody wanna come?
>
> Oh stop it!  I meant to lunch....
>
> blushing, Puck

All right... let me get this straight. The Cathedral of the Cheesy
Salamander would appear to be exemptfrom the genberal laws of
time/space. It is, as Spider Robinson might say, Continuous and
non-fictonal. In short, virtual. I think.

The Rock, on the other hand, is clearly (and I beg pardon for
contradicting the Pope) Margali's property, she having conceived and
introduced the blessed thing as a place to hide [under] after a
particularly bad joke one day. Obviously it was sufficiently near to her
to run for it. It was she who installed the original amenities,
including the cappucino machine, which antedates the hot tub by quite a
while as I recall.

I think there are some selective memories at work here...and I will
ignore that jibe about areas East of Ansteorra ;  ). As I recall the
Earth is round; most everywhere is East of Ansteorra, including Ansteorra.

One could argue that The Rock (note caps) is a state of mind, but
originally it was Margali's rock, and guests were invited at her sufferance.

Hey, this is even more fun than arguing about Twinkies!!!

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com