SC - RE: sca-cooks V1 #1560

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Aug 16 05:57:17 PDT 1999

Two people wrote, first one:

> Personally, I'd be happy as anything if they'd just ban guns forever---but
> then I'd have to listen to Charlton Heston go on and on and on and on about
> his precious right to own guns........Oh geez, lead me to the rock!!!

<snip>

And then the other:

> I tell you what, I'll trade you my right to keep and bear arms for your
> right to free speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of the press.  Oh,
> what the hell, since you obviously don't care about your rights, throw in
> the right to vote as well.

Hey, wasn't this topic (regardless of which misleading header it may
have) banned? While I'm as entertained by a debate between Gerry Brown
and Thomas Jefferson as the next guy, we really don't want this getting
out of hand, and we need to remember that this is, for practical
purposes, Papa G's living room. He asked us nicely to take it outside.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com