SC - A Dilemma on what to cook for Dinner-HELP!

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:12:50 PDT 1999

>Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis wrote:
> >
> > SOOOOO, my dilemma:  Do I cook a medieval dinner with meat for everyone
>and
> > once again cook separately for the two vegetarians?  Do I cook a
>medieval or
> > period-like dinner that is vegetarian (if so suggestions welcome)?

Yes.  You are the cook, you are a vegetarian, and there's lots of stuff out
there, with eggs or cheese or dairy.  And another range of dishes involving
beans.

>You might try doing a vegetarian main dish/thick pottage to which meat
>can be added by the carnivores.

That's the ticket if you really don't want to have them bothered and
stressing over the lack of meat.  The meat to be added should be as simple
and trouble free for you as possible.  Cook up some meat with onions and
mushroom, make a little gravy and freeze it.  By the day you are cooking, it
ought to be still ice crystally, just heat it to boiling.

I know you said they are your household, but given their persistent
forgetfulness, perhaps you should find someone else to work out a meal plan
with. You and your spouse are getting a bad deal, chipping in to feed the
group, but still having to feed yourselves.

Bonne

Bonne