SC - OT: Food preferences, specifically Brussel sprouts

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Aug 16 14:42:45 PDT 1999

Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com wrote:

> I hated these monsters.  I can now tolerate them IF they're home-grown
> somewhere they got a good frost before being picked.  Apparently that
> changes their flavor significantly--and most grocery store brussel sprouts
> come from places that have nice long warm growing seasons...  Emme

Emme, why is it that whenever we're in a communal kitchen situation (if
in this case a virtual one), it always comes down to Le Menagier de
Paris, who tells us keeping cabbages and turnips in a root cellar until
after the first frost makes them sweeter, or some such?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com