SC - A Dilemma on what to cook for Dinner-HELP!

H B nn3_shay at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 18:02:05 PDT 1999

- --- Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis <pndarvis at execpc.com> wrote:

> To look
> > at this from another angle, when others cook for the same large
> > household/group, how do _they_ accomodate the two vegetarians?
> >

> Well, they don't. I have heard everything from "You eat chicken don't
> you?"
> to "But it's just got bacon mixed in" to "i don't know how to cook
> for a
> vegetarian"(to which I offered cooking lessons).

Gee, how long have you all been a household?  How tough a concept is
"no meat" (although there are the lacto-ovo variations)?  I don't
really know how to cook for a vegetarian either, but I'd make some
attempt to find out what is and isn't acceptable, and some attempt to
satisfy.  I'd have taken you up on those lessons!  Glad you found an
apprentice.  Just because I like meat and would rather have it in a
meal doesn't mean it has to be a centerpiece (although, now that I
think about it, wasn't it dangerous to be an avowed vegetarian in some
times and places in period?  You aren't one of those heretical Cathars,
are you? :-) )

- -- Harriet